Dig-In Beef Fajitas
A few weeks ago, my Mam got Donal Skehan's new book, Kitchen Hero. When I was flicking through the book I found these beef fajitas and they sounded delicious so I made them for dinner. Then last night Donal's show Kitchen Hero was on RTÉ 1 and he made these fajitas also!! The first episode was great and if you missed it you can watch it on Donal's Website.
Donal Skehan's Dig-In Beef Fajitas
400g (14oz) striploin steak, thinly sliced
4 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
Juice of 1/2 lime
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tbsp sunflower oil
2 red onions, peeled and thinly sliced
3 peppers (red, green and yellow), sliced into strips
A small handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
8 wholemeal tortilla wraps
100g (31/2oz) Cheddar cheese, grated
1. In a large bowl, combine the garlic, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, chilli powder, oregano, cumin and black pepper then add the beef and toss until coated. Cover and place in the fridge.
2. Heat half the sunflower oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat, add the onion and peppers and fry for 3-4 minutes until caramelised. Set the vegetables aside in a dish.
3. Add an extra drizzle of oil to the pan and fry the marinated beef for 3 minutes until cooked but still tender. Make sure the pan is hot before cooking the beef.
4. Add the reserved onions and peppers and the coriander and stir through then season with salt to taste.
5. Heat the tortilla wraps in the microwave for 40 seconds and cover with foil to keep warm.
6. To assemble, spread a little guacamole on a tortilla, add some steak, peppers and onion and then top with soured cream and cheese.