In times gone by it was traditional on Shrove Tuesday to make pancakes to use up flour, butter and eggs. This pancake recipe is based on Jamie Oliver's recipe. There are a lot of toppings that are very tasty on pancakes such as Nutella, maple syrup or even just a knob of butter.
Jamie Oliver's Pancakes
200ml (1 cup) milk
pinch of salt
1. Put the flour and salt in a bowl.
2. Add the egg and combine with the flour.
3. Very slowly add the milk, whisking well with a hand whisk or fork.
4. When the batter is nice and smooth, cover with cling film and refrigerate for at least an hr. (The batter can be used straight away but tends to have a better consistency when left to rest)
5. Heat the frying pan and add a little sunflower oil.
6. Either pour a thin coating of batter or thicken ones into the pan. When golden, turn the pancake over and brown the other side.
7. Add topping of your choice and enjoy!!