|Photo courtesy of @nessarobins's instagram|
I always love Donal Skehan's recipes so when I saw him making this on Kitchen Hero: HomeCooked, I had to try it! It was very easy to make and was extremely delicious!
Raspberry Goddess Pie
225g plain flour
125g caster sugar
125g cold butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
200ml crème fraîche
Handful of raspberries, to decorate
Small handful of mint sprigs, to decorate
Vanilla ice cream, to serve
1. Whizz together the flour, sugar, butter, vanilla extract and baking powder in a food processor until it forms a dough.
2. Press the dough into a lined baking tin with a removable base. Pop in the fridge to rest for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 225˚C.
4. Mix together the raspberries and creme fraiche in a bowl and then spread over the base of the pie dough.
5. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Then lower the heat to 150˚C and bake for a further 15 minutes.
6. Allow to cool and serve slices with vanilla ice cream.